Thursday, June 18, 2015

Windows 10 (Build 10130) constantly crashes VMWare Workstation 11

I recently decided to install Windows 10 (Build 10130) inside VMWare Workstation as a Guest OS and everything was running great for a while until I encountered the following error message:






I thought that this occurred because I upgraded my earlier Windows 10 build to the latest Preview build.

Therefore, I decided to rebuild my VM Guest from scratch directly from the Insider Preview ISO media.

As you can probably guess, this issue occurred once again!

Therefore, I knew that there was some inherent defect introduced this build that was not present in earlier builds of Windows 10 x64 that was causing my VMWare Workstation Guest to consistently crash.

UPDATE: This issue has now been resolved with the release of VMWare Workstation 11.1.2: https://www.vmware.com/support/ws/doc/workstation-1112-release-notes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment