Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Unable to clear credentials from Team Foundation Server

I had recently moved my TFS installation from one domain to another.  Of course, when I logged into my workstation, my Visual Studio instance still thought that I was logging into TFS with my old domain credentials.

I tried using the steps outlined in this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/08/29/clearing-the-credentials-for-connecting-to-a-team-foundation-server.aspx

However, there was one major problem with what was outlined in this article: I had no credentials stored in Credential Manager!!

Therefore, how did I get rid of this error message so that I could log in with my new domain credentials?

Well, fortunately, I found a reference to deleting the TFS cache on my local workstation located at this location: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\5.0\Cache

Once I deleted the cache from this location, I was able to log into TFS using my new domain credentials!

No comments:

Post a Comment