Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Unable to render CSS for an IIS Website/IIS Application

I had recently set up a brand new ASP.NET Web Application in an IIS Website and Application on Windows Server 2012 R2 complete with an SSL certificate and NTFS permissions. 

Once I had everything set up, I attempted to view the website in a browser.  To my surprise, none of the CSS stylesheets were rendering for the site!!

After a tremendous amount of research on the Internet, I discovered that simply assigning the machine IIS_IUSRS group privilege was insufficient to render all static content on the site!

I ALSO had to add the machine IUSR account to the set of NTFS privileges in order to get my CSS to render properly on the site.

Once I did that, my site was working correctly just as I would expect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment