Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Visual Studio 2013 and Jetbrains Resharper problems

As far as add-ons and extensions are concerned, Jetbrains Resharper is definitely one of my favorites because of its rich feature set and functionality.

Unfortunately, that does not mean that Resharper has not caused me its share of grief and frustration while using it.

In the early days of using Resharper (with Visual Studio 2003) the Visual Studio IDE would eventually become so slow that I stopped using Resharper altogether and opted for more lightweight extensions such as CSharpCompleterPlus and various others.

When using Resharper with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010, I would frequently notice that the IDE would completely lock up or freeze when doing an analysis of a large solution.  Many times the IDE would completely crash.

Now, with Resharper and Visual Studio 2013, I encountered a new problem that I have not encountered in the past.  I was attempting to edit some files that were bound to source control and much to my amazement I could not edit the files in Visual Studio!!  The files had become completely unresponsive to any edits within the Visual Studio IDE!!

Of course, as you can probably guess, I was forced to uninstall Resharper and once I did that I was able to edit my files once again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment