Sunday, May 22, 2011

Displaying Images in Internet Explorer

While I was checking my GMail using IE 9, I noticed that I had no option to "Display images below" in my e-mail messages, however, this option displayed in all other browsers that I used.

Therefore, I did a bit of research and discovered that the following steps were required in order to be able to display images through GMail.  I actually found this article on Google's Support site for GMail (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8833), but the detailed steps are below:
 
Internet Explorer users: Your browser settings may prevent images that are being sent through HTTP from being shown within messages.

You may need to adjust Internet Explorer's mixed content settings to view images sent through HTTP by following the steps below. Please note to be cautious of enabling displays of HTTP content, as some sites may have risky or malicious content that the browser setting is trying to protect you from.
  1. Access Internet Explorer's Tools menu.
  2. Select 'Internet Options' and click the 'Security' tab.
  3. Select 'Custom level.'
  4. In the 'Display mixed content' section, select the 'Prompt' radio button so you can make the choice on a case by case basis.  If you wish to display all images by default, select the 'Enable' radio button.

No comments:

Post a Comment