Wednesday, October 28, 2015

AddCurrentUserAsSQLAdmin can only be specified for SQL Server 2008 R2 Express

I was recently running a SQL Server 2008 R2 installation using an existing ConfigurationFile from a PowerShell script when I suddenly encountered the following error message:


Well, as it turns out, the Configuration File contained this particular line:

; Provision current user as a Database Engine system administrator for SQL Server 2008 R2 Express.

ADDCURRENTUSERASSQLADMIN="True"


Based on the advice for creating a ConfigurationFile.ini file for SQL Server outlined in this article (http://mycodelog.com/2010/09/28/sqlsilent/), I was able to determine that I needed to remove this particular line from my ConfigurationFile.ini file.


Once I did this and re-ran my setup, I was able to successfully install SQL Server without this error message!



No comments:

Post a Comment