Thursday, November 5, 2015

Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10

I recently performed a fresh installation of Windows 10 and was frustrated to discover that I no longer had the right click and "Preview" option when I clicked on Photos!

Well, as it turns out, Windows 10, by default removes the Windows Photo Viewer functionality for viewing pictures which removes access to that handy "Preview" feature.

Fortunately, though, I found a handy article which provides the necessary registry entries to bring back Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10: http://www.howtogeek.com/225844/how-to-make-windows-photo-viewer-your-default-image-viewer-on-windows-10/

Once I merged/added these registry entries back to my Windows 10 system, I once again had my "Preview" option available when I right-clicked on my photos/pictures in Windows Explorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment