Monday, March 28, 2016

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified

I regularly monitor my hosted websites for possible failures and I recently received an alert for one of my Sitefinity websites indicating that it was no longer responding.

When I ended up accessing the website, I was faced with the following error message:


No matter what I tried in terms of shutting down and re-starting the site, refreshing the bin directory etc., nothing seemed to work!

I even did a file system comparison with the site running on my local virtual machine and the files were IDENTICAL!

Since I completely ran out of other ideas and options, I decided to try and upgrade my system from v. 8.1.5820 to v. 8.2.5900.

After completing the upgrade and re-uploading the new files to my hosted website, my site worked just as it did before!

I am still not sure of the exact cause of this failure of my hosted Sitefinity website, but if you also encounter this problem with your Sitefinity v. 8.1.5820 instance, a minor upgrade may resolve it for you as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment