Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The source files could not be downloaded REVISITED

I was recently attempting to install .NET Framework v. 3.5 on my Windows Server 2012 R2 server, when I got this dreaded error message:

Well, I had encountered this error message numerous times before and therefore followed my instructions from a previous article:

Unfortunately, this time it DID NOT WORK!!

Well, after a tremendous amount of Internet-based research, I discovered numerous complaints about a series of Windows Hotfixes/Updates which may have caused/introduced this problem.

I also found this MSDN article which seems to indicate that this issue is caused by security update 3005628:

So, naturally, I decided to patch my OS to the latest set of Windows Updates and run the command once again:

This time the same command DID WORK!

Therefore, if you have recently patched your OS and you are also encountering this problem, verify that your Windows Server 2012 R2 OS installation is fully patched!  This could be the root cause of all of your woes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment