You will probably notice that there is no associated documentation with the sample code. Instead, you are pretty much left to your own devices in terms of understanding how to deploy the code.
Fortunately, once you figure out the elements that you have to alter, the deployment of this code is far more straightforward than the source code download for the SqlClaimProvider (also downloadable from MSDN Code Gallery).
- Open Visual Studio
- Open the Contoso Claims Provider Visual Studio project
- Right click on the Properties for the Visual Studio project
- You should now see a set of properties for the deployment
- Look at the property for Site URL
- By default, this will be populated with a value such as http://intranet.contoso.com:300
- Change this to your SharePoint 2010 installation URL such as http://localhost
- Save the Visual Studio project
- Right click on the Visual Studio project and select Deploy
- If all goes well, at the end of the deployment operation, you should see a status message stating "Deploy succeeded"