Saturday, May 30, 2015

Deficiency in Windows Azure Team Foundation Server Virtual Machine Template

I was recently attempting to set up a test Team Foundation Server 2013 environment in Windows Azure and after I had completed restoring a set of databases and installing the Application Tier Only on my Azure VM, I received the following error message:


Of course, I looked everywhere on the virtual machine expecting to find a script or some sort of package installation file that would allow me to install the SQL Server Client Tools on that machine.  Unfortunately, nothing could be found on the machine.

Therefore, I was left on my own to install the SQL Server Client Tools.  :-(

So, just because you choose the Team Foundation Server 2013 virtual machine template in Windows Azure, does not mean that it is all set and ready for you to use as a full-blown Team Foundation Server instance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment