Thursday, May 14, 2015

Unable to establish VPN connection on Windows 8

I recently had to set up a VPN connection on Windows 8.1 and I could not successfully establish the VPN connection no matter how many times I tried!

I always received this error when trying to establish the connection:

 "The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server."



Unsurprisingly, this worked perfectly on Windows 7 without any issues whatsoever, so I knew that it had to be some new settings on the Windows 8/8.1 OS.  (This issue also occurred on Windows 10)

As it turned out, I had to go in and select "Change adapter settings" (under Related settings):







By selecting the "Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2) Protocol, I was able to successfully establish my VPN connection!



No comments:

Post a Comment