If you are one of those unfortunate few who did not get the STSTestCert X509 Certificate installed on your machine, fear not, there is still hope for you.
- First of all, the easiest way (that I prefer) to check if you have the STSTestCert properly installed is to open the IIS 7/7.5 Management Console.
- In the Features view, click on Server Certificates
- Review the list of Server Certificates
- If you cannot find STSTestCert listed amongst the installed certificates, your installation of Windows Identity Foundation SDK did not install the certificate for you.
Well, if you are in this situation, you should still be able to get the STSTestCert installed on your system.
- Launch Visual Studio 2010
- From the File menu, select New-->Web Site
- Look at the various project templates for C#
- Make sure the Target Framework is .Net Framework 4
- Create a new ASP.Net Security Token Service Web Site project
- Now repeat the steps listed above to review the Server Certificates installed in the IIS Management Console
- You should now be able to find the STSTestCert Server Certificates amongst the list of installed certificates
Post a Comment