If you want to publish a Shared Folder to Active Directory, there are multiple ways to do it:
- Publish the Share directly from the Computer Management console under Shares
- Create a New Shared Folder in Active Directory Users and Computers
By far, the easiest method is to simply go to a server/computer that has the Share/Shared Folder and do the following:
- Open up the Computer Management Console (compmgmt.msc)
- Expand the Shared Folders-->Shares node
- Right click on the name of the Share
- Select Properties
- Select the Publish tab
- Select the checkbox for "Publish this share in Active Directory"
- Enter the details for the Share including a Description and any Keywords that you may want to add (Click on the Edit button to add keywords).
- Click on the OK button to publish the Share.
Of course, the other alternative is to publish the Share directly from within the Active Directory Users and Computers console:
- Open up the Active Directory Users and Computers console
- Right click on a node in the Domain or on an OU
- Select New-->Shared Folder
- Enter a name and Network Path for the Network Share
- Click on the OK button
- The Shared Folder should now appear within your Active Directory Users and Computers pane
Post a Comment