Friday, October 18, 2013

Installing DotNetNuke (DNN Platform) on Windows Server 2012/IIS 8


I was just trying to install DotNetNuke (DNN Platform) on Windows Server 2012 using the Web Platform Installer and when I was done installing the platform, I noticed that I received an error message:
Error Summary
    HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found
    The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

...
Module: StaticFileModule
Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler: StaticFile
Error Code: 0x80070032
Requested URL: ...
Physical Path: ...
Logon Method: NTLM
Logon User: {DOMAIN}\{WINDOWS LOGIN}

...
Most likely causes:
The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to a different handler.
...
Things you can try:
If you want to serve this content as a static file, add an explicit MIME map.
 
Since this seemed quite unusual, I decided to look at the configuration in IIS a bit more closely.
As it turns out, the .NET Application Pool was configured to use .NET 4.0, however, when I went into Roles and Features in Server Manager, only .NET 3.5 was installed and configured!
Therefore, as you can probably guess, the solution was simple:  I had to install ASP.NET 4.5 through Server Manager—>Add Roles and Features and lo and behold, DotNetNuke started working again and I could run through the InstallWizard!











2 comments: