Monday, February 22, 2016

Microsoft Git Provider lacks support for User Tools such as Beyond Compare

I recently began working on a project that was using Git with Visual Studio Online and when I suddenly had the need to integrate Beyond Compare as one of my User Tools, I discovered, I could not do this!

When I go into my Source Control Provider options for "Visual Studio Team Foundation Server", I get the following options:




However, as soon as I switch to using the "Microsoft Git Provider", I only see the following options:


Therefore, I cannot integrate Beyond Compare as one of my User Tools for managing my comparisons and merges as I can when using Team Foundation Server! :-(

If you would like Microsoft to include support for 3rd party tools such as Beyond Compare out-of-the-box, then you should vote for this UserVoice item here: https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/13375314-allow-3rd-party-compare-tools-when-using-git-integ

No comments:

Post a Comment