Monday, August 1, 2016

Why I still use SourceTree or GitKraken when developing with Git in Visual Studio

I have been using Git with Visual Studio regularly for the past several months and the deficiencies in Visual Studio integration with Git never cease to amaze me!

Below are just some of the errors/problems that I have faced while working with Visual Studio and
Git:








These error messages completely prevented me from performing any operations against Git.  Of course, I then switch over to an alternate Git GUI Client such as SourceTree or GitKraken and attempt to perform the same Commit operation and it works just fine!

In addition, Visual Studio integration with Git still lacks a very large number of Git commands such as Discard and various other commands which makes using an alternative Git client such as GitKraken or SourceTree an absolute necessity!!


1 comment: