Friday, April 1, 2016

This app can't be activated by the Built-In Administrator

I recently started playing around with Windows Server 2016 to begin familiarizing myself with the platform when I suddenly encountered this error message:


I had never seen this error message before, but figured it might be caused by User Account Control so I proceed to the UAC settings to turn off UAC:





However, even after changing these UAC settings, I encountered yet another related error message:




Well, this seemed to indicate a much more involved solution, so a quick search on the Internet returned this article:



UAC Group Policy Settings and Registry Key Settings


Of course, since I absolutely LOVE PowerShell, I decided to write a script that would solve this issue for me!


Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" -Name FilterAdministratorToken -Value 1

That was all that was necessary to get my system working as expected!!  Pretty simple, huh??

No comments:

Post a Comment