Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Telerik Online Demos missing complete code for code samples

I frequently use the Telerik controls for my development and therefore I heavily rely on the Telerik Demo site to figure out how to accomplish a wide variety of development tasks when working with these controls.

For example, in the Kendo UI Grid Hierarchy example (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid/hierarchy), you will find code in the HierarchyController.cs file, but dependent code such as GetEmployees() or GetOrders() will not be found in the online code sample!!

So where do you go to look for that missing code?

Well, at first, I thought that I would look at the Demos that I installed locally on my machine only to be disappointed that the demo site installed locally on my machine also suffered from the same problem!

Therefore, I ended up digging into the actual Kendo UI MVC Examples folder installed locally on my file system to pull up the Visual Studio project and dig through all of the dependent code.

On my system, this was installed at the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for ASP.NET MVC Q2 2016\wrappers\aspnetmvc\Examples\VS2015\Kendo.Mvc.Examples

Of course, looking in the wrappers directory was not readily obvious since I expected it to be in a directory called samples or examples or something like that at the very top level of the installation!

In any case, once you know where to find all of the necessary example code to use, you can readily apply it to your own application!

No comments:

Post a Comment