If you want to create a base Windows OS reference image to be used with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, you will want to follow these steps:
- Install the base Windows OS as well as all of the software required for the base Windows image
- From Windows Explorer, connect to the DeploymentShare path for Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Browse to the Scripts directory so that you can run the LiteTouch.vbs script
- Once you run the LiteTouch.vbs script, you can go through the Wizard prompts to perform a "Sysprep and Capture"
- This will then provide several other prompts which will Sysprep your target computer and then reboot to begin capturing the Windows image as a .WIM file and storing it in the Captures directory on your MDT DeploymentShare
- Once the .WIM file has been captured, you can import the .WIM file in MDT to use it as part of your MDT OS deployments!
Post a Comment