Thursday, December 3, 2015

The network bridge on device 'VMnet0' is not running

I recently went through a Windows 10 Update and when I subsequently starting my using VM in VMWare Workstation, I noticed that I no longer had network connectivity!

I attempted to connect my Network Adapter in my Guest VM when I suddenly encountered the following error message:






Fortunately, it seems this problem is widespread and is reasonably well document on the Internet in the form of YouTube videos such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqZg25YUTY

If you want to save yourself the time of watching the YouTube video, this is what I did:


  1. Go to your Network Adapter
  2. Right click and go to Properties
  3. Click on Install...
  4. Select Service and click on the Add... button
  5. Select VMWare Inc.  and the VMWare Bridge Protocol
  6. Click OK
  7. The VMWare Bridge Protocol should now be checked in the Network Adapter Properties
  8. From the Services Applet (services.msc) restart the VMWare DHCP Service and VMWare NAT Service
  9. Now try connecting your Guest VM's Network Adapter
  10. You should have network connectivity in your Guest VM now!







You may also be able to use "Restore Defaults" from the Virtual Network Editor, but this will wipe out any network settings that you may have configured in the Virtual Network Editor:

  1. Click on the Edit menu from VMWare Workstation
  2. Click on Virtual Network Editor
  3. Click on Change Settings... 
  4. Click on Restore Defaults
  5. This will reinstall the virtual network settings on your network adapter as well

No comments:

Post a Comment