Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mozilla Firefox 36--Still as unstable as ever

When I began using Firefox 29 last year, I had already started experiencing problems with the browser freezing up and frequently crashing.

Unfortunately, even with the latest release of Firefox 36, the browser has not improved much over the last year in regards to overall speed, reliability and stability.

Earlier versions of Firefox (prior to version 29) were much more reliable and stable.  I prefer Google Chrome overall as a stable browser and I may end up reverting to using it after all, however, the major advantage Mozilla Firefox had over Google Chrome (and still does) is that it does not open a separate process for each tab.  As you can probably surmise, if you open hundreds of tabs in Google Chrome, that will quickly consume all of the memory on your machine.

Of course, having Firefox freeze and lock up frequently is not much better either since I frequently have to deal with these windows on a nearly daily basis:

Maybe Mozilla Firefox will be able to create a stable and reliable browser release much like their earlier Firefox versions.  I am crossing my fingers and hoping that time arrives in the near future....

No comments:

Post a Comment