Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Using Build Configuration Dependencies in Jetbrains TeamCity

I recently had a need to use Build Configuration Dependencies in TeamCity since my Code Analysis operations (FxCop and StyleCop) were significantly increasing the build time.

Unfortunately, even after adding the Build Dependency as a Snapshot Dependency, I could not get the build runners to successfully execute!






Well, after posting my question on the TeamCity Discussion Forum, I discovered that I had to change the build checkout directory (in Version Control Settings) even though I was not using an attached VCS Root!

Well, I dug into the Version Control Settings and I found this option:


I basically had to reference this property from my dependent Build Configuration: https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/TCD9/Build+Checkout+Directory

The format of the value was %dep.<BuildConfigurationName>.teamcity.build.default.checkoutDir%

After changing this value, my Dependent Build Configuration executed my FxCop and StyleCop build steps successfully!!






No comments:

Post a Comment