Monday, March 23, 2015

Silent installation of Opera

I love to perform unattended installations for nearly every piece of software that I own so that I can save a tremendous amount of time otherwise spent on clicking through dialogs each time I have to re-build or re-install my Windows OS.

One of the browsers that I commonly use is Opera: http://www.opera.com/

Earlier releases of the Opera browser directly supported a silent installation, but then they removed that feature and now it seems that they have added it back into the latest release.

The silent installation of the new Opera browser is extremely simple and only requires the /silent switch. 

Therefore, the command will look something like this:

Opera_28.0.1750.40_Setup.exe /silent

That is all there is to it!

If you want to look at additional options for installation, you can simply type the command:

Opera_28.0.1750.40_Setup.exe /?

This will display a dialog with all of the installation options for the Opera executable.


No comments:

Post a Comment