Monday, June 20, 2016

Problems with Git Credential Manager

I recently started working on a Git project whereby I needed different sets of credentials for different Git repositories.

When I installed Git for Windows, I was presented with the following installation dialogs:















Unfortunately, as soon as I started working with my multiple Git repositories, I started getting prompted with this dialog repeatedly:


Therefore, it appeared that Git Credential Manager was the underlying culprit.  Therefore, I had to uninstall Git and when I re-installed Git, I made sure that I unchecked the following checkbox:



Then, instead of getting continually getting the Git Credential Manager dialog, I was just presented with this dialog a single time which also allowed me to select "Remember my credentials":



That was all that was needed to resolve this problem!!






No comments:

Post a Comment